The WNY Power Proceeds Allocation Board is offering funding for Projects that support the growth of business in the State and thereby lead to the creation or maintenance of jobs.
Submit your WNYPPAB – Pre-Application anytime from March 4th through September 17th to be consider in any of the 4 rounds of grant consideration.
The following are examples of Eligible Projects:
- entrepreneur support/services and workforce development;
- energy-related projects, programs and services;
- capital investments in buildings, equipment, and associated infrastructure (collectively, “infrastructure”) owned by an Eligible Applicant for Fund Benefits;
- transportation projects under state or federally approved plans;
- the acquisition of land needed for infrastructure;
- research and development where the results of such research and development will directly benefit New York State and
- support for tourism and marketing and advertising efforts for Western New York and Finger Lakes Regional tourism and business.
As dictated by the Western New York Power Proceeds Allocation Act a minimum of 15% of the funds awarded will go to “energy-related projects, programs and services”.
The following are not Eligible Projects for Fund Benefits:
- Municipalities, Public Benefit Corporations and Government Entities
- public interest advertising or advocacy;
- the support or opposition of any candidate for public office;
- the support or opposition to any public issue;
- legal fees related to litigation of any kind;
- expenses related to administrative proceedings before state or local agencies; and
- retail businesses, including by way of example, sports venues, gaming and gambling or entertainment-related establishments